About Foreshadow Academy
Foreshadow Academy is a registered private school operating in compliance with North Carolina requirements, offering recognized diplomas. Foreshadow Academy was established in 2008 on the property of Weeksville Community Church at 1456 Weeksville Road in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
Instruction at Foreshadow Academy is given by qualified personnel in small clusters rather than traditional classroom models. This approach allows for a customized curriculum for each student and more individualized instruction. Foreshadow Academy offers a full comprehensive curriculum for 6th-12th grade students with a strong emphasis on literature. Focused attention is given to improve thinking process skills in reading, writing, and mathematics, with hopes of filling in learning gaps.
In order to provide the best opportunity for all student regardless of income, Foreshadow Academy offers tuition on a sliding scale based on income levels in compliance with federal guidelines. Full tuition for Foreshadow Academy is $300 a month based on a 10 month school year. For more information regarding tuition and enrollment please feel free to contact us.
Goals & Objectives
To combat discouragement in stuggling student, we provide full time customized curriculum, and individualized instructions in small group clusters for 6th – 12th grade students.
To improve social, relational, educational, and managerial skills for the family unit, we offer monthly Family Management workshops for parents in the community free of charge
To combat increasing drop out rates, we offer credit recovery for students currently enrolled in public high schools to recover failed or needed course credits for graduation.
Foreshadow Academy Staff
- Pastor Gregory Owens. Pastor Greg, pastor of Weeksville Community Church, holds a B.S. Degree in Occupational Education. Pastor Greg is also a retired Naval Chief and Master Training Specialist. Read a letter from Mr. Owens
- Educational Director:
- Mrs. Melanie Owens. Mrs. Owens, with over 25 years of educational experience provides oversight of curriculum development and assessment and provides the primary instruction for high school.
- Administrative Director:
- Mrs. LaVerne Odum. Mrs. Odum has served in numerous administrative fields of the U.S. Navy and contractive supervision.
- Teaching Staff:
- The teaching staff at Foreshadow Academy consists of degreed and/or certified teachers and parents experienced in researching, customizing, and individualizing curriculum to suit the needs of the students.
Currently all Foreshadow Academy staff members serve full-time as volunteers. The entire staff is dedicated to the vision of Foreshadow Academy in serving the community.
Foreshadow Academy is blessed to have several community partnerships. In addition to several area business partners, we have service partnerships with Mid-Atlantic Christion University and College of the Albemarle. Both colleges provides Foreshadow Academy with student interns who serve in tutoring and assistant roles to fulfill services learning or course credit. For students interested in competitive sports, the Academy partners with the Elizabeth City Parks and Recreation for soccer, baseball, basketball, golf, and Tae Kwon Do seasonally.
Foreshadow Academy also partners with Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public Schools in accountability and service. Our credit recovery program is accepted by area high schools and incorporated into students’ transcripts to fulfill graduation requirements.
Following is a list of current Academy partners who have invested in our program through services or donations. We are greatly appreciative of our partner support. For more information about becoming a partner or donating to Foreshadow Academy please see our donation page.
- Balances, Inc, Mr. Steven Balances
- Blockbuster Video, Elizabeth City
- Bridal Studio ll, Mr. Arthur Mithell
- Camden Trophy
- Dairy Queen of Elizabeth City
- Donald Nixon, Plumbing LLC
- Equipment Plus of Greenville
- Food Bank of the Albemarle
- Gateway Cinemas
- IHOP of Elizabeth City
- Jeffrey’s Greenworld
- Micky’s Sales & Service
- Mildred’s Florist
- Northeastern Flooring, Inc., Mr. Frank Cudequest
- Perry Glass Company
- Pizza Inn, Mr. Nick Duncan
- Stumm’s Hardwood Floors, Inc., Mr. Bob Stumm
- Vulcan Materials
- Waste Industries
Foreshadow Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, athletics, or other school-administered programs.